Head of Department Community Medicine
Prof. Dr. J.P. Srivastava is currently the Head of Department, Community Medicine. He completed his MBBS (1972) from Allahabad University, U.P. and MD Community Medicine (1977) from Jiwaji University M.P. His expertise are Epidemiology, Nutrition, Genetics, Family welfare, Statistics, Health Learning and Management.
Prof. Srivastava has a teaching experience of more them 39 yrs. He has worked as Professor & Head in SPM. (1999 to 2007) Associate Professor, SPM. Deptt. (1986 to 1999) at G.S.V.M. Medical College Kanpur UP. Prior to that he served as a Lecturer SPM Deptt. (1978 to 1986) MLB Medical College, Jhansi, as a Demonstrator in SPM (1978 to 1978), BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur, UP, Demonstrator in SPM (1973 to 1976) MLB Medical College, Jhansi UP.
- Published several articles about (80) in reputed National and International Journals.
Project and other Health activities
Involved in W.H.O. Project entitled “Health Benefit of Water Supply”
- Also done other project (10th in no) as Resource Person, Coordinator, Principal, investigators, master Trainer, and Programme Incharge.
- District Level Trainer of MO, CDPO’s and Mukhyasevika (ICDS) in project, Intensification of Integrated child Nut, activities in UP hold on dated 17,18.10. 2003.
- Editor and Chief Editor, Indian Journal Comm. Health, IAPSM, UP, Chapter Since Year 2002.
- State Representative Indian Association of PSM. (1997-98).
- Adviser, Indian Journal of Comm. Health Since 2008 till date.
Workshop / Conferences & Participation in Health Activities
- More than 20 National Level Conference and Five International Level Conference
- Participated in the workshops( more than 20)