Department of Dentistry
Department of Dentistry provides complete solution to various orofacial problems under one roof. We have a team of highly qualified, experienced and skilled staff working together to deliver the best and latest available treatment using high tech equipments following strict sterilization protocol. Our department deals with any emergency management of orofacial region and involves treatment of dental infections, maxillofacial trauma, pathology, facial deformity, facial pain and orthogenetic surgery. We also provide preventive as well as restorative treatment to school children, adult and geriatric population.
The department also renders specialized orthodontic treatment for the functional and cosmetic enhancement of the needful using wide range of treatment options from conventional metallic brackets to advanced philosophies like ceramic bracket system, self-ligating bracket system, lingual bracket system and clear aligners.
To all of you who visit us-as a patient, as a parent, student or colleague- we look forward to a positive and enriching experience.
Research Projects associated with the Department
- An analysis of construction of multiple choice questions: the Medical Education Perspective.
PI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel. CoPI: Dr. Ritu Karoli.
- ALDH 1 & TGF-β B in Predicting Clinical Behavior of Oral Sub Mucous Fibrosis and Oral Cancer.
PI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel. CoPI: Dr. A.N.Srivastava.
- The Effect of Sodium Bicarbonate Oral Rinse on Salivary ph & Oral Microflora.
PI: Mr. Mohsin Ali Khan CoPI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.
- An Exploration of Misconceptions and Beliefs Related To Oral Health in India.
PI: Dr. Roshan jafriCoPI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.
- Potential Risk Factors for Oral Potentially Malignant Disorder in a Sub Urban Population as seen in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Lucknow India.
PI: Dr. Saboor MatinCoPI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.
- Molecular Screening and Correlation of COX 2 Polymorphism with cancer risk in Oral Submucous Fibrosis Patients of North India.
PI: Dr. Rumana AhmadCoPI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.
- To check the treatment duration by comparing Conventional v/s Corticotomy facilitated Orthodontic tooth movement.
PI: Dr. DanishCoPI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.
- Association between polymorphism in ERCC2 gene in Oral Submucous Fibrosis in Pan Masala chewers in west Lucknow population.
PI: Dr. Siddharth Chandel.CoPI:
- Agarwal A, Yadav A, Chandel S, Singh N, Singhal A. Wisdom Tooth-Complications in Extraction. J Contemp dent Pract 2014; 15 (1): 34-36. (Impact factor -0.22,PubMed).
- Agarwal A, Chandel S, Singh N, Signal A, Yadav A. Maxillofacial Fracture Patterns in North Indian Urban Population. Journal of Dental Sciences and Research 2013; 4 (1): 01-04. (Impact factor- 3.28).
- Agrawal A, Chandel S, Singh N, Singhal A. Do No Harm. IOSR Journal of Dental and medical Science (JDMS) 2013; 9 (5): 28-31. (Impact factor 1.486, PubMed).
- Chandel S, Agarwal A, Singh N, Singhal A. Dentascan: A Diagnostic Boon. Journal of Dental Science and Research 2013; 4(1): 13-17. (Impact factor -3.28).
- Agarwal S, Singh D, Singh N, Channel S, Singhal A Agarwal A. Platelet-Rich-Fibrin: A Novel Approach for Treatment of Gingival Recession. Journal of Dental Sciences and Research 2013; 4 (1): 05-08. (Impact factor- 3.28).
- Agarwal A. Chandel S, Singh N, Singhal A. Use of Tobacco and Oral Sub Mucous fibrosis in Teenagers. Journal of dental Sciences and Research 2012; 3 (2): 01-04 (Impact factor- 3.28).
- Chandel S, Agarwal A, Singh N, Singhal A. Angle Fractures and Third Molars. Journal of Dental Sciences and Research 2012; 3 (2): 13-15. (Impact factor- 3.28).
- Agarwal A, Mohammad S, Chandel S, lone P A. The effect of Intralesional Vs Intravenous Dexamethasone in Third Molar Surgeries. National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery (ACCEPTED) (PubMed).
- Goyal D, Agrawal A, Khanna V, Srivastava S, Sharma P, Chandel S, Singh H, Role Of Nuclear Medicine In Diagnosis Of Oral & Maxillofacial Diseases Review Journal Of Dental Science And Research Vol. 6, Issue I Pages 03-06. (Impact factor-3.28).
- Chandedl S, Bioresorbable Plates in Management of Mandibular Angle Fracture Vol,2, No.I, Issue 2 pages 55-58 Era's Journal Research of Medical Research.
- Chandel S, Management of Cystic Lesion in Pediatric Population, Abstract published in International Journal Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery; doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2007.08.277.
- Singh Alok, Singh Pooja, Singh Priyanka, Chandel S, Chauhan R.S. Rajveer. Micro RNA-145 in Oral Cancer- A Short Review. The Canadian Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 5. Issue 1, January 2017 (ISSN 1927-8942).
- Singh Pooja, Srivastava A.N, Singh Alka, Singh Alok, Chauhan R.S, Chandel S. Role of Cancer Stem Cells in Cervical Cancer - review article. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research 2016 3(12) 190-197 (ISSN-2394-3211).
- Chandel S, et al., Feasibility of Dentascan in Planning of Implant Surgery in Posterior Maxilla and Mandible, J Oral Biol Craniofac Res. (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jobcr.2017.03.001.
- Nishi Singh, Siddharth Chandel, Harmurti Singh, Amiya Agarwal, A.N. Savitha Effect of Scaling and Root Planing on the activity of ALP in GCF and Serum of Patients with Gingivitis, Chronic and Aggressive Periodontitis: A comparative study Journal of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research (2017) - accepted for publication.