Department of Pediatrics Neonatology
The Department comprises of a 100 bedded pediatrics Ward, 21 bedded equipped level III NICU with facilities for Neonatal Ventilation, Bubble CPAP, Double Surface Phototherapy Unit, Exchange Transfusion and Surfactant Administration. We have a 6 bedded PICU and 24 hours emergency services.
Specialty Clinics run in the department are Adolescent Friendly Health Clinic, Immunization and Child Welfare Clinic, Child Guidance, Asthma, Rehabilitation, Diarrhea, Well baby and high risk clinics, Allergy Clinic, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Hematology and Thalassemia clinic, Neurology, Cardiology.
UNICEF (WHO) aided training of IYCF middle level trainers was organized in our department thrice. Invaluable services to UPIAP as editor-in-chief of UPPEDINFO, official journal of UPIAP has been awarded to one of our faculty members.
The department works as a team, strives for excellence. Effective learning is done by didactic lectures, bedside teaching and demonstrations with special emphasis on skill based teaching & training. Along with this patient care is given special emphasis.
Pediatrics Allergy Test been started in our Department which is first of its kind in Uttar Pradesh
- Paediatric Spirometry is also available, Paediatric G.I. Endoscopy services where all diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy procedures are done on routine basis by trained Paediatric Gastroenterologist.
International / National Recognition
- 3rd position in state level postgraduate poster presentation at UPPEDICON 2015, Jaunpur by Dr. Arif Hussain & Dr. Abdullah (Junior Resident, Pediatrics & Neonatology, ELMC&H)
- Dr. Garima Verma : Received Gold Medal from Honorable (Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Akhilesh Yadav) .
- Prof. Dr. Shitanshu Shrivastava : Member of National Editorial Advisory Board for Indian Journal of Maternal Foetal & Neonatal Medicine.
- Prof. Dr. Shitanshu Shrivastava : In collaboration, NGO Alive 'N' Thrive with Bell & Melinda Gates Foundation Conducted Sate Zonal Training in Breastfeeding.
- Dr. Shrish Bhatnagar : Executive member of Indian Society of Paediatrics Gastroenterology Hepatology & Nutrition (ISPGHAN) & UP Indian Academy of Paediatrics for year 2014-2015.
- Dr. Geetika Shrivastava : Awarded with ISPN fellowship from AIIMS, New Delhi in 2015.