Department of Pediatrics Surgery
- Department is involved in undergraduate teaching in the form of lectures, interactive teaching, live demonstration of therapeutic procedures twice a week.
- Post graduates from department of surgery are rotated for Pediatric Surgical Training. They are trained for pediatric procedures and operations, discussion, seminar, and journal club. General surgery residents rotate every two weeks for patient care and hands-on training.
- The Department of Pediatric Surgery is actively involved in research activities. There has been active participations in various National and International conferences by faculty members as Speaker or Chairperson and by postgraduates in the form of competitive paper presentation, poster presentation as well as PG's quiz.
- The research work of our faculty & postgraduate has been appreciated & published in various national & international indexed journals.
Information and Treatment Facilities
Department of Pediatric Surgery
- One unit of Department of Surgery has been upgraded as a Department of Pediatric Surgery through proper channel .i.e. approval of academic committee inspection by experts and authorization by University.
- The department runs O.P.D 3 days a week.
- Round the clock neonatal & pediatric surgical emergencies are done.
- We do elective surgery on newborns, infants and grown up children upto pre- adolescence. We operate on skull like V.P shunt/ occipital encephalocoele, Thorax- TEF Empyema & any tumors in mediastinum.
- All abdominal surgeries like intestinal obst/ benign & malignant tumors, hairspring disease; most commonly A.R.M is operated.
- Spinal surgery like Mylomeningocoele / Lipomeningocoele, Sacrococcygeal Teratoma are operated upon.
All pediatric urological surgeries like
- Kidney Anomalies Hydronephrosis and Kidney Tumors.
- Genital anomalies commonest being Hypospadias, Epispadias, Congenital Hydrocele, Hernia are operated.
- Specialization in Paid Endoscopy as well as Paid Laparoscopy like orchidopexy/ cholecystectomy/ hernia.